We are not cutting trees; we are cutting our own breath.
2026 Deeksha. All Rights Reserved.
Save Trees, Save Our Future
From my childhood, I have always felt a special connection with trees. I grew up reading in school books that cutting down trees causes serious harm to nature. As I became older, I realized that this is not just something written in books—it is the truth of our existence.
We are alive because of trees. Just imagine what would happen if all the trees disappeared. How would we breathe? We all know that trees provide the oxygen we need to survive, yet we continue cutting them down every single day.
I still remember a story I read when I was in the fifth or sixth grade about Amrita Devi Bishnoi. She said:
"If a tree is saved even at the cost of my head, it is a price worth paying."
She did not just say these words—she sacrificed her life to protect trees. Her courage reminds us that love for nature is shown through actions, not just words.
Today, we organize campaigns with slogans like "Save Trees," but has the cutting of trees really stopped? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Trees are still being cut down, and many forests continue to disappear due to illegal logging and human greed.
If we need wood for furniture or other purposes, the best solution is to plant more trees. Whenever you find a suitable place, plant a sapling. A tree planted today will become a source of life for future generations.
Trees are home to countless birds. Animals like cows and goats rest peacefully under their shade. The beauty of a place filled with trees is beyond words. Whenever I sit quietly beneath a tree, I feel that my worries, stress, and tiredness slowly fade away. There is a unique peace under the shade of a tree that is difficult to describe.
We should always remember that when we cut down a tree, we are not only destroying a part of nature—we are also reducing our own chances of survival. By cutting trees, we are cutting our own breath and putting the future of the next generations at risk.
Let us not limit ourselves to saying "Save Trees." Instead, let each of us plant at least one tree and take care of it. Because when trees survive, life survives. When trees survive, our future remains safe.
— Deeksha
© 2026 Deeksha. All Rights Reserved

Comments
Post a Comment